The Integration and Demonstration of Large Stationary Fuel Cell Systems for Distributed Generation
High Level Objectives:
- The development and construction of a large scale fuel cell system, developed and purpose-built for the European market.
- The validation of the technical and economic readiness of the fuel cell system at megawatt scale.
- The field demonstration and development of megawatt scale system at a European chemical production plant, running on by-product hydrogen.
Achievements to date
The project has begun development to accommodate the on-site conditions and necessary implementation, however actual installation has not yet started.
- To reduce the volume of flared or vented to atmosphere hydrogen by 246.4 tonnes per annum.
- Reduce carbon emission by offsetting fossil fuel generated grid electricity
- Reduce demand for centrally generated electricity
- Demonstrate the deployment of a 1MW PEM Fuel Cell, developed and purpose-built for the European market, running on hydrogen from a refinery plant located at Martinique, oversea territory of France
- Conduct a waste hydrogen scheme and utilise it to generate no less than 7884 MW hours of electricity for use on the site or return to the grid
- The project will validate the technical and economic readiness of fuel cell systems at megawatt scale
- This project provides the site with a security of supply to the limit of the fuel cells capacity
- The electricity produced by a fuel cell is formed with a perfect sine wave
|Hydrogène de France||France|
|(Budapest University of Technology & Economics)||Hungary|
|(Logan Energy Ltd)||UK|