Identification of legal rules and administrative processes applicable to Fuel Cell and Hydrogen technologies’ deployment, identification of legal barriers and advocacy towards their removal.
The fuel cells and hydrogen (FCH) industry has made considerable progress toward market deployment. However existing legal framework and administrative processes (LAPs) – covering areas such as planning, safety, installation and operation – only reflect use of incumbent technologies. The limited awareness of FCH technologies in LAPs, the lack of informed national and local administrations and the uncertainty on the legislation applicable to FCH technologies elicit delays and extra-costs, when they do not deter investors or clients. This project aims at tackling this major barrier to deployment as follows:
- Systematically identifying and describing the LAPs applicable to FCH technologies in 18 national legal systems as well as in the EU proper legal system.
- Assessing and quantifying LAP impacts in time and/or resource terms and identify those LAP constituting a legal barrier to deployment.
- Comparing the 18 countries to identify best and bad practices
- Raising awareness in the countries where a LAP creates a barrier to deployment.
- Advocating targeted improvements in each of 18 countries + EU level
It will make all this work widely available through:
- A unique online database allowing easy identification, description and assessment of LAPs by country and FCH application.
- Policy papers by applications and by country with identification of best practice and recommendations for adapting LAP.
- A series of national (18) and European (1) workshops with public authorities and investors.
HyLAW sets up a National Association Alliance not just for the duration of the project, but for the long term consolidation of the sector under a single unified umbrella. By bringing together these national associations and all of Hydrogen Europe’s members, it’s the first time ever that the entire European FCH sector is brought together with a clear and common ambition.
HYDROGEN EUROPE, Belgium
|OSTERREICHISCHE ENERGIEAGENTUR AUSTRIAN ENERGY AGENCY||AT|
|Bulgarian Academy of Sciences||BG|
|PARTNERSKAB FOR BRINT OG BRAENDSELS CELLER||DK|
|DEUTSCHER WASSERSTOFF- UND BRENNSTOFFZELLENVERBAND EV||DE|
|MAGYAR TUDOMANYOS AKADEMIA TERMESZETTUDOMANYI KUTATOKOZPONT||HU|
|AGENZIA NAZIONALE PER LE NUOVE TECNOLOGIE, L'ENERGIA E LO SVILUPPO ECONOMICO SOSTENIBILE||IT|
|NATIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE FOR CRYOGENICS AND ISOTOPIC TECHNOLOGIES ICSI RM VALCEA||RO|
|THE SCOTTISH HYDROGEN AND FUEL CELL ASSOCIATION LTD||UK|
|FUNDACION PARA EL DESARROLLO DE LAS NUEVAS TECNOLOGIAS DEL HIDROGENO EN ARAGON||ES|
|VATGAS SVERIGE IDEELL FORENING||SE|
|GREATER LONDON AUTHORITY||UK|
|Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy||FI|
|COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES||FR|
|STICHTING NEDERLANDS NORMALISATIE - INSTITUUT||NL|
|STI - SISTEMAS E TECNICAS INDUSTRIAIS LDA||PT|
|LATVIJAS UDENRAZA ASOCIACIJA||LV|
|ASSOCIATION FRANCAISE POUR L'HYDROGENE ET LES PILES A COMBUSTIBLE||FR|
|UK HYDROGEN AND FUEL CELL ASSOCIATION||UK|
|DANSK GASTEKNISK CENTER AS||DK|