Join us at EUSEW: Hydrogen for a green recovery of European islands
Hydrogen and fuel cells are moving up on the Sustainable Energy Agenda – the Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU) will be hosting a high-level EUSEW session on hydrogen’s potential to support the green recovery of European islands. The session is scheduled on Wednesday 24 June, 09.00 - 10.30 CET.
What will be discussed
Islands’ economy is often largely based on tourism and related activities, which not only results in unbalanced seasonal energy demand, but is a sector which has been strongly affected by current pandemic. The session will highlight the ability of hydrogen and associated technologies to decarbonise islands, while generating jobs and growth needed for the economic recovery. Participants will discuss issues such as:
• developing bankable hydrogen projects for the islands
• decarbonising tourism in the new economic context
• examples of hydrogen infrastructure developments that create growth and jobs
• Bart Biebuyck, Executive Director, Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking
• Tudor Constantinescu, Principal Adviser, DG Energy
• Joan Groizard, Director General, IDAE - Ministry for the Ecological Transition
• Nigel Holmes, Chief Executive Officer, Scottish Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association
• Jesus Manuel Gil Jimenez, Innovation and New Energies Director, Enagás
• Arnold Boon, Project coordinator hydrogen and sustainable energy storage projects, Polaris Veritas
• Jean-Noël de Charentenay, Vice President Strategy, HDF Energy
• Tadhg O'Briain, Deputy Head of Unit Retail markets, consumers and local initiatives, DG Energy
Agenda available here.
More information about the session to be found on EUSEW website.