- About us
- FCH regions
- RCS Strategy Coordination Group
- European Hydrogen Safety Panel
- Guarantees of origin for Hydrogen
- FCH Value chain
- Funding & Financing
- 1000 Solutions Initiative
- European Hydrogen Refuelling Station Availability System
- Mission Innovation "Hydrogen Valleys"
- Tools for Innovation Monitoring
- Stakeholder Forum
- Programme Review
- CALLS FOR PROPOSALS & PROCUREMENTS
- NEWS, EVENTS & MEDIA
- AWARDS 2018
The H2PORTS kick-off meeting
The first internal technical meeting of the European project “H2PORTS - Implementing Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Technologies in Ports” is being held in Valencia on 5 February. This project is coordinated by Fundación Valenciaport in close collaboration with the Port Authority of Valencia, and is funded by the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU) programme.
The main aim of H2PORTS is to provide efficient solutions that will facilitate a rapid transition from a fossil fuel-based industry to a low-carbon, zero-emissions sector. The use of hydrogen for vehicles and machinery has previously been tested in other logistics and transport sectors, so this action proposes different pilot schemes to bridge the gap between prototypes and pre-commercial products. Thanks to this initiative, the Port of Valencia will be the first port in Europe to incorporate hydrogen energy in order to reduce the environmental impact of its operations.
Tuesday, February 5, 2019