Electric vehicles with fuel cells that run on hydrogen are one among several sustainable supplements to fossil fuels enabling the same convenient transportation as today. European project H2moves Scandinavia sets out to gain customer acceptance for electric vehicles with fuel cells in Scandinavia. It is the first large scale demonstration project supported by the newly established European Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking Programme. Support is also given from both Danish and Norwegian (Transnova) national funds.
The project objectives are to:
- Roll-out latest state-of-the-art hydrogen fuel cell vehicles operated by customers
- Consolidate existing hydrogen-fueling hub in southern Norway and add one new station of latest design in Oslo
- Carry out five European vehicle road tours (extended vehicle fleet) supported by mobile refueler
- Communicate project performance
- Actively link Scandinavian Hydrogen Highway Partnership (SHHP) to European network