First FCH Smart Specialisation Workshop
The first Smart Specialisation workshop in the domain of Fuel Cells and Hydrogen took place on the on 22 and 23 April 2015 at the Hôtel de Région in Lyon, France.
It was organised by the FCH JU in collaboration with CEA and the JRC Smart Specialization Platform, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS), and hosted by Région Rhône-Alpe
With a significant participation and an audience varying from industry representatives, research and regional authorities, the workshop led to dynamic and fruitful discussions between stakeholders.
Experiences and motivations towards Fuel Cells and Hydrogen technologies have been exchanged with the purpose of learning from other regional involvements and industrial cases.
This first step in this area initiated a general gathering on multiple issues and demonstrated the need for additional specific and targeted workshops. As a Smart Specialisation strategy should go along a bottom-up approach, the next steps in this domain will therefore focus on how regional “tailor-made” solutions can be further discussed with industrial players.
Find here the final summary of the Smart Specialisation Workshop
Presentations of this workshop can be found hereunder:
Wednesday, April 22
Round table: European regions specialisation and hydrogen technologies
European Commission strategy towards fuel cells and hydrogen technology
• Jyri Ylkanen, Policy Officer, DG Energy
• José Fernandez Garcia, Policy Officer, DG MOVE
Smart Specialisation in Europe
• Manuel Palazuelos Martinez, Project Leader, DG JRC, IPTS: PRESENTATION
The FCH JU and Smart Specialisation
• Bert De Colvenaer, Executive Director of FCH 2 JU: PRESENTATION
#1 Clean public transport, role of fuel cell buses
• Heinrich Klingenberg, hySOLUTIONS GmbH: PRESENTATION
• Paul Jenne, Van Hool: PRESENTATION
#2 Combination of renewable energies and hydrogen
• Rachel Sharp, Hydrogen Transport Economy for the North Sea Region: PRESENTATION
• Philippe Boucly, GRT Gaz : PRESENTATION
Thursday, April 23
Presentation of FCH JU funded studies on:
• Commercialisation of FCH bus, Nicolas Brahy: PRESENTATION
• FC CHP and distributed generation, Mirela Atanasiu: PRESENTATION
#3. Regional initiatives towards cleaner mobility (public and private fleets, last mile delivery, etc.)
• Frank Koch, North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany): PRESENTATION
• Fabio Ferrari, SymbioFCell: PRESENTATION
#4. Role of hydrogen in energy independence and security
• Mikael Kau, Cemtec - Northern Jutland (Denmark): PRESENTATION
• Lucas Bertrand, ITM Power: PRESENTATION